About Point Blue Conservation Science
As a non-profit organization, founded in 1965 as Point Reyes Bird Observatory, Point Blue advances conservation of birds, other wildlife and ecosystems through science, partnerships and outreach. Our highest priority is to reduce the impacts of habitat loss, climate change, and other environmental threats while promoting nature-based solutions for wildlife and people, on land and at sea. Because of our collaborative climate-smart conservation actions today, healthy ecosystems will sustain thriving wildlife and human communities well into the future.
Our priority focal areas includes the Sierra Nevada, California’s Central Valley, Pacific Coast, San Francisco Bay Estuary, California Current (including greater Gulf of the Farallones), Ross Sea (Antarctica), and the Internet. Point Blue will implement climate-smart conservation and disseminate this information globally. Visit www.pointblue.org to learn about what we do and to understand more about our dedicated local and international community of supporters.
At Point Blue the core values of our work are innovation, scientific rigor, collaboration, excellence and integrity.
The Advancement Associate’s primary role is to assist with the accurate and timely record keeping of the donor database, including recording daily gifts; delivering gift receipts, thank you letters, updating donor records and adding new records. The Advancement Associate with the Advancement Operations Manager will maintain the donor database, ensuring the highest level of data integrity. The Advancement Associate will also provide administrative support for the Advancement team and help support events as needed. The ideal candidate is computer proficient, organized and able to multitask. Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Windows operating environment, Word and Excel is preferred. This is a part time, non-benefited position, working 20 hours per week.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity and timeliness of giving and donor information in Raiser's Edge.
- Responsible for gift processing including the input and update of all cash donations on a daily basis.
- Assist with weekly reconciliation of cash and non-cash gifts as needed.
- Help maintain donor records according to established protocols and procedures.
Ensure database integrity by assisting with regular audits of data and data clean-up. <.UL>
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation:
- Produce thank you letters and gift receipts in a timely manner.
- Contact donors to gather information needed to update records and process donations.
- Participate in cultivation and stewardship activities
- Assist with prospect research for new donors.
- Run queries and exports for donor lists, including direct mail appeals.
- Assist with other duties and tasks, as assigned.
- 1 – 3 years of Database Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and NetCommunity is preferred
- Previous experience in non-profit and/or science or environment a plus
- Ability to establish and promote good working relationships with team members, donors and volunteers;
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, and possess ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Able to work independently as well as with teams
- Available to work occasional weekend and evening hours as necessary
- Willing to learn new skills and expand knowledge of databases
- Interest in fundraising and conservation is a plus!
Continuous sitting, fine finger movements, and visual capacity to work with/at a computer station for extended periods of time.
Compensation will depend on level of experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, salary history and references to email@example.com. Please put “Advancement Associate” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
Point Blue is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. We will make reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to complete the application and /or participate in the interview process.