Do you have the experience in proactively supporting an active and dynamic President & CEO? She represents Point Blue Conservation Science (Point Blue) at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and voted one of "100 Women Taking the Lead to Save Our Planet" in the US. As her Executive Assistant, you must have excellent and keen organizational skills, be extremely resourceful, and be proactive in supporting her with her professional endeavors. You will be the person that she relies on to manage her schedule, travel arrangements, speaking engagements, meetings, and events. You will be responsible for every detail that would aid in allowing her to focus exclusively on her work to advance solutions to climate change, habitat loss, and other environmental threats for wildlife and people, through science, partnerships, and outreach.
The Executive Assistant will also provide secondary administrative support to the CFO, CSO, and CTO. You will perform as the liaison to the Board of Directors handling special projects and supporting board meetings.
You must have outstanding writing and communication skills, work well under the excitement of demanding deadlines and multiple concurrent projects, and have a commitment to ecological conservation.
Supporting the President & CEO:
- Pro-actively aids in managing schedules, communications, events, expense reports, speaking engagements, meetings, travel, and all logistics as needed
- Composes/edits letters and emails; assists in writing/editing articles and presentations
- Facilitates communications on behalf of the President & CEO, internally and externally
- Assists in organizing and executing monthly management and executive meetings
- Schedules and attends monthly management team meetings; gathers agenda items; takes/distributes notes; arranges all logistics as necessary
- Calendars and arranges logistics for weekly executive team meetings
- Schedules and arranges logistics for management team retreat
- Tracks and retains Point Blue media coverage and abstracts of staff scientific and media publications for President & CEO presentation and board packets
- Participates in acclimating new executive and management team members to Point Blue systems
Liaison to the Board of Directors:
- Communicates with the Board of Directors on behalf of the President & CEO
- Assists in scheduling board meetings; prepares materials and board packets; organizes all logistics for board retreats, board events and board committee meetings; manages board rosters, committee lists; keeps binders up-to-date of board minutes and related materials
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Strong commitment to the mission of Point Blue; passion about nature and conservation
- Minimum five years’ experience as a senior-level Executive Assistant
- Excellent writing skills: presentations, article drafts, proofreading, editing
- Polished communicator and professional demeanor
- Possesses considerable tact, diplomacy, and discretion of sensitive confidential information
- Able to set/meet/manage concurrent deadlines and multiple tasks; ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, digital communications equipment; database experience a plus
- Self-starter who displays enthusiasm, interest, and initiative in taking on new projects
- Creative thinker and open-minded problem solver with a sense of humor
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Point Blue is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. We will make reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to complete the application and /or participate in the interview process.