The Informatics Engineer must be well-versed in the design, development, documentation and support of web-based software applications. You will interface collaboratively with Point Blue employees and partners as the stakeholders of these applications. You will also work closely with other members of our Informatics team to develop and maintain numerous web applications and extensive databases in support of scientific programs at Point Blue and in the wider conservation community.
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Work as a member of the Informatics engineering team on a wide variety of projects.
- Design, code, debug, document and support software and database development projects as assigned.
- Will be exposed to and work in all area of software development, including requirements development, needs assessments, functional design, user-interaction design, graphic design, implementation, testing, documentation, release, revision control, and maintenance.
- Provide online support for our existing customers and partners.
- Work with internal and external partners on new and ongoing projects.
- SQL database experience (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL), including data modeling.
- Programming with an object-relational mapping framework (such as Hibernate or Propel) a plus.
- Experience with web GIS and mapping development, such as OpenLayers, Google Map APIs, PostGIS and GDAL, a plus.
- 1+ years of web software development experience.
- BS, BA or equivalent college degree.
- A passion for wildlife, ecology, and conservation.
- Self-directed with a strong sense of curiosity and a passion for excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is competitive, reflecting qualifications and experience. Point Blue offers a 401(k) plan with employer match contribution, 100% medical and dental coverage for employees, and partial coverage of dependents including domestic partners.
- Regularly sits at a desk or computer workstation
- Frequently moves about the office to collaborate with colleagues
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities
- Periodic travel; locally / nationally, but predominately within California
- May walk on uneven ground while working off-site
- We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for employees to perform essential functions.
To Apply: E-mail: (1) cover letter describing qualifications and reasons for interest in this position and Point Blue, (2) complete CV/resume, and (3) contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses) for 3 references to email@example.com with “Informatics Engineer” in the subject line. Applicants will be subject to background checks. Position open until filled.
Point Blue is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in an uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law and will make reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to complete the application and/or participate in the interview process.