Manager of Community Engagement
The Manager of Community Engagement is charged with supporting Point Blue’s fundraising, awareness, and acquisition goals through creating, managing or overseeing membership, annual giving, community events, volunteer engagements such as Point Blue’s Birdathon and VIP fundraising events. As a member of the Advancement team, the Manager of Community Engagement will collaborate with Point Blue management, staff, board, and volunteers to ensure success in her/his realm of responsibility.
Membership Support and Communication
- Develop and implement membership strategy, acquisition and retention programs to grow the existing membership base and donor pipeline
- Develop and manage communication across all membership and annual giving groups, including regular monthly electronic communication and social media outreach
- Develop and manage new member outreach and cultivation activities
- Implement plans to upgrade membership gifts and transition members to major donors
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts and ongoing membership reports
- Ensure the confidentiality of all donor information.
- Process membership renewals and maintain accurate and complete membership information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Create articles and other communication for fundraising or placement in Point Blue publications
Donor Engagement and Special Events
- Manage Point Blue’s Birdathon event to achieve financial and non-financial goals.
- Support the production of other Point Blue events, such as the Annual membership meeting, Friends reception, Tern Society Lunch, Annual Meeting, Hands on the Land to promote member engagement and donor cultivation
- Develop metrics for measuring success in revenue composition and results, number and types of events; targets demographics, attendance, media engagement and impressions, and local, regional, and national corporate sponsorships; reports progress and outcomes
- Prepare and present analysis of event activities in reports, department meetings and board meetings
- Collaborate with management, staff, board, and volunteers; stewards and support collaborations with nonprofits, corporations and civic organizations
- Collaborate with the staff on marketing community engagement opportunities such as the Bird & Conservation walks; articulate and promote the mission, strategic priorities and programs in public settings, with businesses, individuals, volunteers and others
- Collaborate with all groups across Point Blue to maximize the benefit of community engagement
- Develop and execute volunteer recruitment and fundraising plans
- Train, lead and advise volunteer leaders and event support staff to achieve annual goals; engages, evaluates, educates, and empowers key volunteers and staff to drive successful event outcomes
- Meet annual fundraising metrics as assigned
- Manage and/or collaborate with external vendors as appropriate
- Support the vision, mission and priorities of Point Blue
- Support organizational campaigns and ongoing operations
- Other duties as required
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of four to six years related experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge, and fundraising platforms
- Strong commitment to conservation
- Excellent marketing and networking skills
- Superior verbal, writing, editing, public presentation and communication skills
- Ability to recruit and engage with high level volunteers, donors, and support staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities to the highest standards in a timely manner
- Excellent organization skills; detail oriented; exceptional follow-up; ability to produce reports; meet deadlines
- Proactive self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and remain flexible under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills; takes initiative and makes recommendations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with all information
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Regularly sits at a desk or computer workstation
- Frequently moves about the office to collaborate with colleagues
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities
- Periodic travel; locally / nationally, but predominately within California
- May walk on uneven ground while working off-site
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for employees to perform essential functions.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, salary history and references to email@example.com. Please put “Manager of Community Engagement” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
Point Blue is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. We will make reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to complete the application and /or participate in the interview process.