Annual Membership Meeting - Sunday,May 17, 2015
Watch our exciting spotlight on NBC Bay Area News: Marin County a Stronghold for Steady Population of Spotted Owls
Each year, Point Blue conducts a meeting of its membership to celebrate the year's accomplishments.
Join us as we celebrate 50 years since Point Blue’s founding as Point Reyes Bird Observatory! This milestone event honors you, our members and partners, for making our journey possible.
The Annual Membership Meeting and family celebration will be held at Chileno Valley Ranch, a STRAW restoration site in northern Marin County, west of Petaluma. We’ll see how the restoration has helped the Ranch sustain thriving wildlife populations. We will also learn about Point Blue’s climate-smart conservation science for birds, other wildlife and human communities!
Schedule of Events
- 8:30-9:30 AM Bird and nature walk led by Point Blue’s expert staff
- 9:30-10:00 AM Registration, Coffee & Pastries
- 10:00 – Noon Annual Meeting, Awards & Featured Presentation: A Vision of Hope; The Next 50 Years! by Grant Ballard, PhD, Chief Science Officer
- Noon Complimentary Lunch, Drinks & Dessert
Outstanding Conservation Partner
• Point Reyes National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service)
Outstanding Foundation Partner
• Marcia Grand
Outstanding Corporate Partner
• Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Outstanding Conservation Volunteer
• Pete Neiwieroski
Lifetime Conservation Achievement
• Robin Leong
Lifetime Achievement in Ecology
• David Ainley, PhD
Special Conservation Achievement
• San Francisco State University - Barbara Holzman
Land Steward Award
• TomKat Ranch
DIRECTIONS To Sally and Mike Gale’s Chileno Valley Ranch 5105 Chileno Valley Road Petaluma, CA 94952 415.868.0330
From Points North or South: Take US-101 to Petaluma. Exit Petaluma Blvd. South and continue towards downtown. Turn left onto Western Ave. and continue for 1.9 miles. Turn left onto Chileno Valley Road and proceed 3.8 miles, past the Marin County line sign and two small bridges. Take a right past the second bridge to stay on Chileno Valley Road. Continue for 5.1 miles. Follow signs to parking.
Kindly reply with attendee names to Eve Williams • email@example.com • 707.781.2555 x356