Annual Membership Meeting
Each year, Point Blue conducts a meeting of its membership to celebrate the year's accomplishments and connect with members.
The 2014 Annual Meeting is a members-only event and a Point Blue tradition.
On Sunday, May 18, 2014, 140 people gathered at the Peace Barn in Bolinas, California for a fun-filled morning among friends. In addition to the business of the day, a short meeting was held wherein Board members were voted in or renewed. The Annual Meeting included:
- bird walks along the Bolinas Lagoon;
- lunch by Katie Powers Catering;
- beer from Lagunitas Brewing Company;
- wine poured by Art+Farms Wine;
- an awards ceremony celebrating partner achievements; and
- a very special presentation on an international shorebird project lead by Point Blue Conservation Science.
Point Blue scientists Dr. Matthew Reiter and Catherine Hickey shared their work with the Migratory Shorebird Project which tracks birds along the Pacific Flyway from Alaska all the way down through South America. View a video of their presenation below!
If you are not already a member, please join now. You will definitely want to be on the invitation list for next year's Annual Meeting!