Conservation Training and Education
Conservation training, education and other public outreach programs are an essential part of Point Blue’s work. That’s because we believe that there’s no substitute for hands-on learning and exposure when it comes to inspiring people to become life-long stewards of the environment.
Partnering with other organizations, Point Blue offers environmental education about ecosystem conservation with a simple—and profound—underlying goal: to make sure our communities are connected to nature, understand the role of science in conservation, and take action to promote climate-smart conservation.
Here are just a few of the ways we’re involved with conservation training and outreach:
- Youth education programs in the schools through the STRAW Program
- Internship training programs
- Public programming—bird walks, environmental lectures, etc.
- Educational materials—pocket guides and other resources that teach people about birds and conservation
- Teacher training programs
- Professional workshops and courses