For Boaters and Fishers
The following resources convey our science findings as they relate to ocean conservation issues.
- Whale Spotter APP – A smartphone app to help reduce whale strikes by linking whale sightings with a database that updates ships on whale concentrations.
- Seabird Aware Brochure – An outreach brochure summarizing tips for preventing disturbance to seabird colonies from boats, coastal hikers, and air traffic.
- Reducing Night Lighting Disturbance to Seabirds – An outreach handout summarizing the issues of night lighting on boats and ways to reduce disturbance to seabird colonies.
- Seabird Colonies: Nurseries of Our Wild West Coast – An outreach handout with basic information about Pacific Coast seabird colonies.
- Farallon Islands Fact Sheet– A two page fact sheet with basic information and facts about the Farallon Islands and Point Blue’s work there.
- Predators and Prey of the Farallon Islands – A two page outreach fact sheet with information about predators and prey species around the Farallon Islands.
- White Shark Fact Sheet- An outreach handout for the public containing facts, not myths, about the White Shark