For Farmers and Ranchers
A collection of resources for private landowners, farmers, and ranchers, aimed at helping improve wildlife freindly practices on private lands.
Special note: In times of drought, planting native plants and promoting perennial grasses will help improve soils, promote water storage in soil, and create habitat for wildlife.
- Being the Best Nestbox Landlord for Birds in the West – A handout with tips on how to build, maintain and monitor nest boxes for western cavity nesting species.
- Safe Nest Boxes for Owls in the West - A handout with tips on how to build, maintain and monitor owl nest boxes.
- Habitat Enhancement Guide Marin and Sonoma - An easy-to-use guide to habitat restoration and enhancement for riparian and oak woodland habitats in Marin and Sonoma Counties, California.
- Habitat Enhancement Guide Sacramento Valley - An easy-to-use guide to habitat restoration and enhancement describing practical steps that landowners and land managers can take to improve bird habitat in the Sacramento Valley.
- How to Help Quail on Your Farm or Ranch - A handout on how to attract and support quail on farms, ranches or in yards.
- Safe Bird Feeding – A tip sheet discussing the actions you can take to keep birds at your feeder safe from disease and predators.
- Waterbird ID Card– A two sided identification card to some of the most common waterbirds in California
- Pocket guide to Sierra Nevada Birds- A pocket-sized guide to common birds of the Sierra Nevada, containing tips for their protection and conservation.
- Pocket guide to Sagebrush Birds – A pocket-sized guide to common birds of the sagebrush habitats, containing tips for their protection and conservation.
- Pocket guide to SF Bay birds - A pocket-sized guide to common birds of San Francisco Bay, containing tips for their protection and conservation.
- Pocket guide to Beach Birds of California –A pocket-sized guide to common birds of California’s beaches, and tips for their protection and management.
- Restoration works– A handout summarizing Point Blue’s science showing that habitat restoration works for protecting birds.
- Species in Focus – Riceland birds - Profiles of birds dependent on ricelands, containing natural history information and conservation tips, created with the California Rice Commission.
- Oak Woodland Bird Focal Species – A two sided handout created with the Natural Resource Conservation District about birds of the oak woodland.
- Riparian Bird Focal Species- A two sided handout created with the Natural Resource Conservation District about birds of riparian areas.