The following resources help formal and informal educators teach about a variety of science and conservation topics:
- Nest Coloring Book -- A simple coloring book -- created by former intern, Karen Sinclair -- giving an introduction to some key nesting songbirds at Point Blue's Palomarin Field Station.
- Project Based Learning Guidelines– A summary of the principles of project based learning – the philosophy of the STRAW project.
- Science Content Standards grades 7-12 and K-6 – A summary of the California State Science Standards as they pertain to our STRAW education program.
- Safe Bird Feeding– A tip sheet discussing the actions you can take to keep birds at your feeder safe from disease and predators.
- Waterbird ID Card – A two sided identification card to some of the most common waterbirds in California
- USFWS list of migratory bird websites
- Being the Best Nestbox Landlord for Birds in the West – A handout with tips on how to build, maintain and monitor nest boxes for western cavity nesting species.
- Safe Nest Boxes for Owls in the West- A handout with tips on how to build, maintain and monitor owl nest boxes.
- How to Help Quail on Your Farm or Ranch- A handout on how to attract and support quail on farms, ranches or in yards.
- Birds on West Coast Beaches– A two page outreach handout discussing the challenges birds face while nesting on beaches, and tips for helping them survive.