Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the management of Point Blue’s Human Resource function. As a working manager, the HR Manager will focus on HR operations including talent acquisition, employee relations, compliance, compensation and benefits, performance management, HR audits and employment law. This position will ensure an inclusive and equitable work environment where all employees are engaged and motivated to collaboratively meet and exceed Point Blue’s strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in emerging employment laws (local, state, federal), human resource policies, talent acquisition, employee engagement, compliance, safety issues, and enjoy a diverse work environment. They will have high emotional intelligence with a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and a desire to grow in the role and organization.
- Develops and motivates HR staff through a demonstrated presence of purpose, excitement and inclusion in the organization’s vision and strategies.
- Aligns individual goals to business objectives and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
- Meet with HR staff to identify and resolve problems; perform personnel actions, such as approving timesheets and evaluating performance.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communication and growth within the HR team.
- Plan, design, and oversee the work of staff involved in Human Resources projects.
- Develop and manage the HR expense budget.
Benefits and Leave Management: 15%
- Manage Point Blue’s benefits programs.
- Oversee the annual benefits for the open enrollment process.
- Work with insurance brokers to assemble the most cost-effective benefit package for Point Blue employees.
- Manage the 401K plan including facilitating the Board investment committee meetings and all related compliance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations and required report filings and fees.
- Oversee the Leave of Absence program and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Recruitment and Staffing: 15%
- Manage Point Blue’s Recruitment and Selection Program.
- Build a staffing plan based on management team decisions to support planned growth.
- Oversee and review the job description development and analysis.
- Evaluate job classifications to ensure parity across job levels and compliance with state and federal labor codes.
- Approve job postings to ensure that they conform to EEO requirements.
- Facilitate hiring through internal channels and external recruiters.
- Coordinate or conduct initial screenings of applicants for specific open positions.
- Negotiate compensation; review and approve offer letters.
- Manage the onboarding and orientation program.
HR Policy and Compliance: 20%
- Review and revise, when necessary, the Employee Handbook, ensuring compliance requirements are met.
- Administer Point Blue’s employment policies and recommend appropriate enhancements or changes.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes to ensure that Point Blue is fully compliant with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Oversee annual HR Audits and ensure required training is completed.
- Manage the annual Affirmative Action Plan
- Maintain current knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, all applicable state and federal wage and hour law.
Performance & Employee Relations: 30%
- Manage the annual performance evaluation process.
- Function as a trusted manager, capable of dealing with employee conflicts, complaints, reports of policy violations, harassment or other such employee relations issues.
- Provide guidance to management to ensure that Point Blue is protected from potential HR and organizational risks.
- Guide and counsel managers dealing with employee performance issues to ensure that all grievances are heard, are fully documented and resolved.
- Propose and collaborate on programs for promoting overall employee morale and wellness.
Other Tasks as Assigned: 5%
1 – Human Resources Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Broad knowledge of and experience with a wide array of HR programs and practices including employment law (Fed & State), compensation, performance management, leadership development, coaching, employee relations, change management and organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated management skills including developing and mentoring of an HR team.
- Able to leverage understanding of the company culture, interpersonal dynamics and knowledge of business priorities to drive results. Ability to influence and collaborate at all organizational levels and across multiple geographies.
- Ability to do what is right for the business by being advocates for our team members. Acts with tact, integrity, and confidentiality to resolve sensitive HR issues.
- Strong listening skills with the ability to communicate in a professional, direct and concise manner with associates at multiple levels. Able to convey messages appropriately based on the audience.
- Has agility to lead in an ambiguous environment. Be an innovator who identifies and pushes for change that propels the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of progressive human resources experience with 3 years in a management role, ideally in a non-profit or scientific organization.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) certification or equivalent is preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- This position operates in a professional office environment
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets
- Work environment is indoors with majority of time spent sitting at a desk
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work, and Travel
- This is a full-time position, salary ranging DOE: $110K – $120K
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- Working remotely for part of the time is an option
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- No travel is expected for this position
Please visit this link to apply.
Point Blue provides a comprehensive benefit package including employer paid medical and dental for staff and 75% for dependents including domestic partners. Other benefits include long term care insurance, optional vision, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, flexible spending account, and a 401k plan with an employer discretionary match.