Location: Petaluma, CA (Hybrid)
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Compensation and Benefits:
$72,245-$87,726 Annually. Salary is based on qualifications and internal equity. Point Blue provides a comprehensive benefit package including employer paid medical and dental for staff and 75% for dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, long-term care, long and short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and retirement plans as well as time off benefits.
About Point Blue:
Point Blue Conservation Science is a growing and internationally renowned non-profit with over 160 staff and scientists based in Petaluma, California. Founded in 1965 as Point Reyes Bird Observatory, our mission and programs have evolved over time to include a broad range of conservation activity, from restoration to environmental education to innovative work in the field of regenerative agriculture. We have a proven track record of scientific excellence.
We recognize that increasing racial, gender, cultural, and other diversity, equity, and inclusion factors at Point Blue and in our partnerships is essential for the success of our mission, vision, and strategy. We are actively engaging in a process to create lasting organizational change. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to join our teams. We strongly encourage applications from people with backgrounds that are under-represented in the conservation community.
The Contracts & Grants Manager will work on phases of the grants and contracts administration processing including, but not limited to, supporting with proposal development, submission, and awards administration, plus helping with the maintenance and monitoring of budgets. Will maintain relationships with designated external funding managers and program officers. Helps compile financial and non-financial data for the preparation of internal reports, compliance reports, and grant billings.
Essential Functions Include, but are not limited to:
Financial Administration: 60%
- Administer contracts and subcontracts and grants.
- Ensure all designated fiscal reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with contract or grant
- Verify general ledger detail accurately reflects program activity and submit accurate invoices to ensure Point Blue receives timely payments.
- Act as Point Blue’s liaison with designated funders on all financial matters.
- Responsible for ensuring that payments to sub-recipients and vendors comply with grant requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams developing proposals to ensure budgets are realistic, and narratives are in line with the budget. Establish budget requirements, ensure Point Blue’s budgeting standards are met, and determine how to monitor and report use of funds to the awarding agency.
- Develop relationships internally and externally to foster understanding and effective communication of Point Blue’s programs and their relevance to the outcomes in the strategic plan.
- Attend periodic meetings with finance and program staff to review spending against contracts and grants, complete budget updates, and schedule invoicing.
Accounting Functions: 10%
- Manage the tracking and accounting for fixed assets and other real and personal property.
- Assist with annual insurance renewals and liaison with insurance brokers to approve insurance provisions of contracts and obtain COIs.
Idea candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- This position requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; and 5 years of experience in contract/grant administration experience including success managing complex grants and contracts from conception to conclusion.
- Strong knowledge of Federal OMB CFR-200 requirements.
- Knowledge of GAAP Accounting practices and procedures
- Knowledge of various government agencies and systems and how to effectively navigate these various systems for proposal submission and payment processing.
- Knowledge of Vena, Concur and MIP software a plus.
- Experience working with federal grants or cooperative
- Experience with creating fiscal
- Demonstrated experience evaluating internal controls.
- Experience in cost accounting and financial management
- Intermediate skill level user of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Advanced Excel skills including formula writing, a plus.
- Possess personal initiative and work collaboratively as a member of a diverse, multi-cultural team.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise effective professional
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams and influence budget decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform as team player be self-motivated and resourceful; must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities and deliver on
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This position works from home 1-2 days per week and in a professional office environment 3-4 days per week.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
- The work environment is indoors with majority of time spent at a desk.
- Ability to move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer, keyboard, and calculator.
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work, and Travel:
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
- This is a full-time position.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- No travel is expected for this position.
To Apply: Please click here. To view the full job description, please click here. If you encounter issues with the application, please contact email@example.com.
Point Blue is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in an uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law and will make reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to complete the application and/or participate in the interview process.